by Idalis Velazquez
updated January 21, 2017
posted in Nourish
Lemon Thyme Chicken with Sauteed Vegetables
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, lightly pounded
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- In a zip-lock bag, combine 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons garlic, and 2 teaspoons thyme; season to taste with salt and black pepper. Add chicken tenders, seal the bag, and gently turn to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot, remaining garlic, edamame, and tomatoes; saute 4 minutes.
- Use a vegetable peeler to slice zucchini into long ribbons. Add zucchini and remaining lemon juice and thyme to vegetables in skillet; saute 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl, stir in feta, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Remove chicken from marinade and saute 2 to 3 minutes a side or until cooked through. Serve with vegetables.
Idalis is a wife, proud mom of three girls and an internationally recognized and trusted fitness & lifestyle expert. She is a Beachbody Super Trainer, a bilingual Fitness Influencer and Fitness and Wellness content creator for publications like Women’s Health Magazine, Men’s Health, GQ Magazine and others. She is also a Nordictrack and an iFit International trainer.