by Idalis Velazquez
updated September 25, 2016
10 Tips To Follow When Dining Out
- Do not go too hungry. Eat a small healthy snack before leaving home or take an apple and eating on the go.
- Check out restaurant menu from your phone and look for healthiest option and know before hand what you are going to order.
- Skip the basket bread and chips and salsa. You don’t need it. Save those calories and enjoy some vino instead.
- Skip the appetizer.
- Know what your salad contains.
- Ask for dressing on the side.
- Avoid foods with the words: breaded, fried, crusted, glazed, battered, gooey, crispy (unhealthy fats).
- Restaurants are know for serving bigger portions, do not be afraid to ask for a to go box and take half home.
- Skip dessert. If you have been eating healthy all week, it is OK to indulge, you can also split it and share it.
- For every glass of wine, drink 8 ounces of water. Two glass of wine max. Drink coconut water once you get home to help you hydrate and replenish electrolytes.
Idalis is a wife, proud mom of three girls and an internationally recognized and trusted fitness & lifestyle expert. She is a Beachbody Super Trainer, a bilingual Fitness Influencer and Fitness and Wellness content creator for publications like Women’s Health Magazine, Men’s Health, GQ Magazine and others. She is also a Nordictrack and an iFit International trainer.